Diuretics are commonly prescribed to individuals as a maintenance medication for a lot of different kinds of disease, particularly those that cause excessive water retention. With too much water in their bodies, it becomes easier to bloat up, slow down, and develop edema in all the different parts of their bodies.
Aside from these individuals, diuretics have also found their purpose among people who want to be able to manually cleanse their bodies of waste products. However, because most diuretics are prescription medications, over the counter options are becoming more and more popular. If you’re looking for the best over the counter diuretic for your needs, try out these premium choices to get you started on the right foot.
Top 10 Over the Counter Diuretics Chart
To Consider When Buying over the Counter Diuretics
Over the counter diuretics come in a variety of forms, and each one brings unique benefits and perks to the table. Because of this, it’s highly possible that you might find greater convenience and satisfaction with one option compared to any other.
So when you find yourself in the market for diuretics, be sure to keep these considerations in mind to help you choose the best over the counter diuretic for your purpose and needs.
- Delivery Mechanism. Over the counter diuretics can come in a variety of forms, but the most common are supplements and teas. While each one can be good for you, your satisfaction ultimately depends on how you plan to use your diuretics.
Teas, other beverages, and food items that work as diuretics are best for those who want to be able to release excess fluid quickly after consumption. These are best for individuals who want to cleanse, or who feel like they’ve packed on more water weight than necessary.
Keep in mind that any diuretics that come in these forms do not provide long term results and are often not ideal as maintenance solutions for disease. Aside from the results being close to immediate, things like teas need to be taken frequently which can make them impractical and expensive as maintenance solutions.
Supplements on the other hand are ideal for assisting an established treatment plan for a person who experiences water retention. These can be taken daily and cost much less than diuretics that are consumed as food.
Unlike teas, supplements can provide much longer lasting effects, encouraging urination throughout the day even with just a single dosage.
- Active Ingredient. More often, over the counter diuretics are formulated with all natural ingredients that make them much safer than prescription medication. These components are sourced from organic plants, leaves, and fruits, and pose very few side effects and adverse reactions.
Diuretics naturally occur around us in nature, and some of the most common include:
- Dandelion. Often considered a weed, dandelions contain compounds that help encourage kidney activity and increase urinary urges.
- Hawthorn. This ingredient can encourage the bladder to release more urine, thus promoting much healthier kidney and heart function.
- Horsetail. Recent studies have shown that horsetail’s effects are highly similar to those caused by prescription medication, however without the negative side effects.
- Juniper. This ingredient significantly increases urine volume, making it ideal for cleansing the system.
- Green Tea and Black Tea. While they’re not quite as powerful as the other listed diuretics, green and black tea are both known to encourage urination just shortly after consumption.
- Parsley. This ingredient is usually taken by individuals who struggle with low urinary output, to help increase volume and encourage healthier urination.
- Hibiscus. Encourages better kidney function and also helps promote healthy, frequent, and sufficient urinary practice.
Top 3 Best Over the Counter Diuretic Reviews
Many diuretics get bad feedback from consumers because they cause nearly uncontrollable urges to urinate, which can be a very serious inconvenience for some users. That’s why the Advanta Supplements Natural Diuretic Water Pill has become a popular choice among buyers.
Considered the best OTC diuretic, Advanta Supplements Natural Diuretic Water Pill gently and safely flushes water out of the system without the aggressive urges to visit the bathroom. The supplement also mixes in a good amount of potassium, which maintains proper balance and eliminates the chances of dehydration.
Safe, effective, and reasonably affordable, the Advanta Supplements Natural Diuretic Water Pill is definitely a top notch product worth trying out.
Diurex is one of the best known brands in the diuretic market, which is why most consumers head for this familiar name when making a purchase. However, there’s more to its success as one of the best over the counter diuretic medications than just its popular brand name.
Diurex Ultra Water Weight Loss Formula Water Pills gently releases water from your system so as not to suddenly empty it of too much hydration. The pills themselves are designed to be easy to swallow so you can take a dosage with ease. For individuals with specific diet restrictions, these pills are completely gluten free.
These Diurex water pills can be taken not just as maintenance medications, but also as one time solutions for excess water weight and bloating.
If you’re looking for an over the counter diuretic that’s more on the natural side of the spectrum, the Alvita Tea Bags Dandelion Root Caffeine Free is the perfect option. Each box contains 24 separately wrapped tea bags that contain a blend of dandelion root and other herbal ingredients to help support proper bladder function.
The tea itself is very pleasing to the palate and is completely vegan and gluten free. What makes it more effective is the fact that it requires users to consume fluids, which encourages the urge to urinate. The only issue is that for maintenance purposes, it might be an expensive and impractical option.