Sea sickness, otherwise called motion sickness or travel sickness, is the feeling of nausea, dizziness, and sense of being unwell caused by movement. Often, people feel sea sickness when riding cars, planes, or ships. Although it does resolve itself on its own, many would much rather speed up the process to curb the sickly sensation.
Lots of different medications for sea sickness are easily available over the counter to both prevent and resolve episodes of motion sickness. However, while there are many different options, not all of them will give you the best results. So if you’re planning to head out of town and you expect to get a little woozy while you travel, consider these picks for the best sea sickness medicine to take with you on your trip.
Top 10 Medicines for Sea Sickness Options
|Picture||Name||Delivery Mechanism||Price||Rating (1-5)|
|Picture||Name||Delivery Mechanism||Price||Rating (1-5)|
|1. Rugby Travel Sickness, Tablets, 100 ea||Oral medication||$$||4.6|
|2. Bonine Motion Sickness Tablets, Raspberry, 16 Count ||Oral medication||$$||4.5|
|3. Hyland's Motion Sickness Relief Tablets, Natural Relief for Nausea and Dizziness, 50 Count ||Oral medication||$||4.4|
|4. Equate Motion Sickness 50 mg 100 Tablets ||Oral medication||$$$||4.3|
|5. MotionEaze Sickness Relief, All-Natural Topical Liquid, 2.5 ml ||Topical||$$||4.2|
|6. MQ® Motion Sickness Patch,20 Count/Box ||Topical||$$$||4.2|
|7. Soothing Scents Quease Ease - Motion Sickness Instant Relief ||Topical||$$$$||4.0|
|8. Dramamine Non-Drowsy Naturals with Natural Ginger, 18 Count ||Oral medication||$||4.0|
|9. Sea-Band Adult Wristband, Natural Nausea Relief, 1-Pair, Colors May Vary ||Topical||$$||3.9|
|10. Enteral Health & Nutrition LLC Tummydrops Ginger ||Oral medication||$$$$||3.9|
What to Consider When Buying Sea Sickness Medicine
Try checking out what options you have when it comes to sea sickness medicine, and you just might be surprised how vast the variety can be.
Each of these products brings something unique to the table, and depending on your preference, your body’s reaction to the medicine, and the efficacy of the product itself, you might find yourself experiencing different levels of satisfaction with each choice.
To make sure you’ve got a reliable, safe, and effective solution on your hands, try to consider these factors before you make a purchase.
- Delivery Mechanism. There are 3 major delivery mechanisms used by sea sickness medication. These are oral medications, topically applied products, and scents and fragrances. Each one can be effective for the right user, so it’s important to choose which one your body reacts to most positively to find the best sea sickness medicine for your needs.
- Oral Medications. Often slower to take effect than other options, orally consumed sea sickness medications are most effective compared to other products. These provide lasting relief and almost always require only a single dosage.
- Topical Products. Patches, wristbands, lotions, creams, and gels are all topically applied sea sickness products which contain ingredients that penetrate into the skin to provide relief. While they can be convenient, their efficacy is often questioned by some users.
- Scents and Fragrances. Strong, minty or ginger scents are highly effective at calming a disturbed stomach and a dizzy head. These are ideal for quick and immediate relief, but also require many more doses than any other option.
- Fast Acting. What’s the point of taking sea sickness medicine if it takes the product several hours to provide you relief? Anyone who takes these products expects near immediate resolution of the problem so they can continue normal and problem-free functioning.
The best sea sickness medicine should be able to relieve you of your symptoms as soon as you use it. And often, the products that can guarantee this are those that work through the senses.
Flavored candies or strong fragrances can almost immediately relieve symptoms. However, because their benefits are not long lasting, you may want to take an oral medication or use a topical product along with it to relieve sea sickness for good.
- Synthetic vs. Homeopathic. The main benefit of using synthetic products – especially those categorized as medication – is that they’re the most effective option available.
However, if you constantly find yourself having to consume sea sickness medicine on a regular basis, you might be subjecting yourself to the long term dangers of toxicity.
Homeopathic options are less risky and can provide much safer relief that’s without side effects or adverse reactions. The only issue is that the efficacy of these products can be limited for some users.
Top 3 Best Sea Sickness Medicine Reviews
There are lots of reasons why this medication has made its way to the top of the list of the best sea sickness medicine products.
For starters, the option boasts a highly effective formulation with Meclizine HCl as its main active ingredient. This almost instantly relieves the symptoms of sea sickness, relieving users of discomfort and unease just minutes after a dosage.
Another reason for its rise to popularity is its relative safeness. With minimal side effects, most users patronize the product because it provides relief without causing the development of other troubling sensations and problems that many other synthetic medications cause.
Finally, Rugby Travel Sickness Tablets is an economical choice. For just a few dollars, you get 100 safe and effective tablets that you can keep in tote in case of a motion sickness episode.
Bonine Motion Sickness Tablets come in at second place, but still bring something unique to the table. For starters, these tablets can both relieve and prevent motion sickness. So if you’re scheduled to go on a trip and you know yourself to have bad episodes of travel sickness, you can take a dosage before you head on your way to eliminate the odds of an episode all together.
Another thing that makes it convenient is the fact that it comes in chewable tablet form. Because we can’t all have a drink in hand while we’re out and about, theses chewable tablets make it easier to take a dosage even when you’re on the go.
While they’re not the cheapest option, Bonine Motion Sickness Tablets make it easy to get a dose, which can make them the right choice if you’re looking for something that’s convenient.
Looking for something all-natural and effective? Hyland’s Motion Sickness Relief Tablets just might be your best bet. This homeopathic remedy for sea sickness can quickly relieve the symptoms of motion sickness with all natural ingredients.
Each package contains 50 effective and safe tablets that promise zero side effects and complete relief. They’re highly recommended for individuals who are particularly choosy of what medications they take, especially if they’re wary of synthetic ingredients. The only downside to these tablets is that they might not be as fast acting the two previous options.